The 2013 SLOIFF Schedule is almost ready! We are planning on doing Volunteer Shift signups on line this year. Please make sure we have your email address to be invited into this sign up. The Festival Schedule will be going on line February 14, and the Printed Guide will be done on February 21st. Check out the schedule prior to sign ups. Sign up start date for Film Screenings is Monday Feb. 18th. Event sign ups to follow.
Email inquiries to: email@example.com
HAVE CAR, WILL TRAVEL?
We are always in need of volunteers who can assist the Festival in many unique ways.
We are currently looking for Volunteers who can pick up and help distribute Festival Guides throughout the County. We will begin the morning of Thursday February 21st.
We are also looking for a few Volunteers to deliver the filmmaker’s and VIP’s swag bags to their hotels. Swag bags are a wonderful collection of local products, wine and local information to welcome our guests to SLO county. We need drivers between Monday and Wednesday March 4th to 6th.
If you can assist in these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and please put the words I CAN DRIVE in the subject. Thank you!
HAVE DISHWASHER…WILL TRADE FOR FILM?
Not exactly, but I got your attention! During the Festival, we often have a quick turn around on event supplies. We are in need of a volunteer, located in San Luis Obispo, who could wash our wine glasses and/or tablecloths in 1 days time. Sounds intriguing doesn’t it? If you can assist in these positions, please email email@example.com ASAP and please put the words I CAN WASH in the subject. Thank you!
Remember: All Volunteer opportunities are eligible for Screening Passes for our regular films throughout the Festival.
2013 CASTING CALL
Want to know who the real stars of the San Luis Obispo International Film Festival are? An incredible group of over 200 community volunteers, that’s who! Volunteers who generously offer their time, energy, experience and expertise in every aspect of festival operations.
We invite YOU to join in the fun. Choose to help out year-round, just during the week of the festival, or both! It’s a terrific way to spend some time meeting other film lovers and supporting film in our county. The festival dates are March 6-10, 2013. Become a volunteer, recruit your friends and help us make the 19th Annual SLOIFF a success.
- Mail: PO Box 1449, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
- Fax: 805 540-3580
Any questions? Email Nancy Ross Joynt, Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer shifts run approximately 3-4 hours.
- You’ll work with a team of Volunteers that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact one of the Volunteer Coordinators immediately so we may ensure the Festival runs smoothly.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect .Friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day. Remember, you officially represent the Festival.
- We expect you to become familiar with the information in the Festival Film Guide.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the Festival.
For each shift that you volunteer for, you will receive one complimentary film festival pass. These are good for any regular Film Festival screening. You will have priority seating, along with Festival pass holders.