Dream Vacation Magazine just named the SLO Film Fest as one of “20 Best Under-The-Radar Film Festivals in 2016”! Not bad considering there are well over 1000 film festivals happening annually in this country alone! We aren’t the biggest but we do have a lot of heart…and we’re growing fast!
There are still plenty of ways to get involved in our upcoming 22nd Annual SLO Film Fest –
- Sponsor a film or event. Festival sponsorships are a great way to promote your business while supporting one of our county’s best cultural events. Movies matter! More info.
- Join the SLO Film Society. Make a donation of $50 or more and receive a membership card good for discounts during the festival, and at year-round special events. More info.
- Buy a Festival Pass. Earlybird prices will end at the end of this month so don’t wait! They make great holiday gifts too! More info.
- Become a volunteer. It takes a village and the festival wouldn’t happen without the support of hundreds of community members. And it’s fun too! More info.
- Promote the Festival. If you own or work in a downtown San Luis Obispo business, we’d love to have your help! Decorate a store window and/or offer Festival pass holders a discount for increased business and goodwill! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in participating in Feb/March 2016.
We are excited to welcome two new film lovers to our board and staff!
Alissa Maddren has joined our small staff as the new Donor Coordinator. She was the Event Coordinator for CASA for four years and before that, the Program Director for ARTS Obispo. She is a creative and positive force and we are delighted to have her join our team!
Tom Walters has joined the Board of Directors after many years of serving as a volunteer juror for our George Sidney Independent Film Competition. He has spent most of his career producing and directing industrial and documentary films, and has spent the last couple of years on tour around the world with the film BOTSO, which won our Neil Travis Best in the Fest Award in 2014. Tom is also an accomplished musician and all-round nice and talented guy!
Enjoy this busy month and all the Holiday fun and craziness in store. If you’re looking for something unique to do tonight, come to the Fremont Theatre at 8pm for a hilarious simulcast of SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY, with several original Mystery Science Theatre performers commenting on it as it plays. This is a can’t-miss holiday tradition! Hope to see you there!
Wendy Eidson, Festival Director