The conversation is happening on DISCORD! We’re happy to be using a new platform that makes sharing, voice calling & screen sharing easy! And it’s free!
How To Enjoy The SLO Film Festival Conversation on Discord
We know this year has made it tough to network and communicate so this year we will be hosting all our conversations on Discord, an easy to manage digital messaging platform!
- Please download Discord and create an account by clicking HERE:)
- Accept the invitation to the SLO Film Festival Server.
- On the left there will be a section titled “text channels” which will host different types of conversions like;
- #festival-lobby – chat to others joining the festival about anything you want!
- #talking-about-films – go over your feelings on any of this year’s films!
- #spoiler-alert – don’t ruin the plot for others and bond over the surprises!
- #slo-film-fest-memories – Miss the old times? So do we! Share about past festivals
- #from-the-source – Communicate with this year’s filmmakers.
- Need to log off? Close the Discord page and click on the link above to come back at any point during the festival
- Catch up on your favorite conversations by using the search bar to look up key terms and usernames to get back to where you left off.
See you there!
Discord is a virtual messaging platform that organizes groups into Servers. In each Server there are different channels to communicate.You can use more servers for other needs, but will only need to use the SLO Film Festival Serve to access our channels.
Channels are where you’ll find the conversations being had about this years film festival! Click on a channel to read and add to the discussions we’re having about this year’s line-up of amazing films.
The Servers should be on the left side of the page. There, you should see this year’s logo that says “SLO film fest” with a yellow set light. If you do not see this, the invitation did not go through and please click the original link again and accept the invitation!
At the bottom at every channel, there will be a bar that says “Message #[name of channel]”. Click there and type and press enter to share your thoughts and feelings. Make sure to know which channel you’re on and stay on topic for each channel.
Yes you can join “Film Festival Voice Chat” to start talking!
Of course! Please use whatever you need to express yourself and let us know how the films make you feel. Just make sure to be respectful! Just because we aren’t face-to-face doesn’t mean your words don’t hurt.