2017 VOLUNTEERS SPOTLIGHT OUR BUSIEST FESTIVAL!
The 2017 SLO FILM FEST once again broke attendance records. A top selection of films, exciting events, the addition of the hospitality tent, special guests and celebrities were just the part of the Festival that the photographs show.
The 200 plus Volunteers who made it all possible are the real Stars of the Show! Each of you contributed in unique and important ways – whether you distributed Festival brochures and guides around the county in your own vehicles; served all our Special Guests at the VIP Hospitality Tent; Concierges made sure the visiting filmmakers had a local friend to call for information and directions; Screening Assistants calmly explained all the seats were full at many of our sold out films ; Screeners sat through many hours of films at their homes; and others dedicated many hours behind the scenes on the computer and phone, or sold passes for many days at our Headquarters – BRAVO!
We are excited to celebrate your time and dedication this fall at the Volunteer Appreciation Party – date and location TBA.
THE 2018 FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. Please check back in summer of 2017.
IF YOU VOLUNTEERED IN 2017 YOU WILL NOT NEED TO FILL OUT A 2018 APPLICATION.
Read our downloadable 2017 Volunteer Manual Volunteer Applications for 2018 are NOT currently available
Then return it one of TWO easy ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 1449, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Any questions? Email Nancy Ross Joynt, Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer shifts run approximately 3-4 hours.
- You’ll work with a team of Volunteers that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact one of the Volunteer Coordinators immediately so we may ensure the Festival runs smoothly.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect .Friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day. Remember, you officially represent the Festival.
- We expect you to become familiar with the information in the Festival Film Guide.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the Festival.
For each shift that you volunteer for, you will receive one complimentary film festival pass. These are good for any regular Film Festival screening. You will have priority seating, along with Festival pass holders.