2017 VOLUNTEERS RECRUITMENT!
Volunteers are the true STARS of the SLO Film Festival!
In 2016, over 260 people volunteered their time and talents to help put on SLO County’s premier event. This year’s Festival is rapidly approaching March 14-19, 2017. Ever wonder how you get to be one of the friendly ushers at the film screenings.. or that cheerful person working our exciting events? It’s easy! Simply fill out and return an application found below. Reading the Volunteer Manual will give you an overview of what opportunities exist and what to expect while volunteering. Positions for Screening Hosts and some Events are now done on line. On Saturday February 25 at 9:00am, volunteers who have registered with us will be sent a link to sign ups.If you have not received the link after 9:00 am on that date, please email email@example.com.
Last years Volunteers are already registered to receive the sign up link.
THE 2017 FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS NOW ONLINE..see below.
IF YOU VOLUNTEERED IN 2016 YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILL OUT A 2017 APPLICATION.
Then return it one of TWO easy ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 1449, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406
Any questions? Email Nancy Ross Joynt, Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer shifts run approximately 3-4 hours.
- You’ll work with a team of Volunteers that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact one of the Volunteer Coordinators immediately so we may ensure the Festival runs smoothly.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect .Friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day. Remember, you officially represent the Festival.
- We expect you to become familiar with the information in the Festival Film Guide.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the Festival.
For each shift that you volunteer for, you will receive one complimentary film festival pass. These are good for any regular Film Festival screening. You will have priority seating, along with Festival pass holders.